Kubota T2080

The Kubota T2080 garden tractor lawn mower is the mid sized machine in the T series of garden tractors from Kubota. It is powered by a GH710V Kubota engine. This gas powered engine is air cooled and has a displacement of 0.725 liters. This 2 cylinder engine produces 20 hp and is started by a 12 volt battery. The transmission on the T 2080 is a hydrostatic one which makes operating it all the more easier as you never have to change gears. Instead, you control the speed of the lawnmower with the accelerator foot pedal and the brake pedal which controls the disc brakes. The fuel tank for this tractor mower can hold up to 15 liters (4 US gallons) of gasoline.

The Kubota T2080 is a fairly large machine. It’s total weight comes to 280 kg (617 lbs) when the cutting deck is attached. It’s 1.85 m (72.8 inches) long and has a wheelbase of 1.29 m (50.8 inches). The T 2080 is compatible with a mower deck that has a cutting width of 42 inches. This mower deck consists of 2 blades working together to give your lawn a more even cut than a single, lone blade would. The mower deck is raised and lowered via a dial gauge that lifts the deck from a low of 1 inch above the ground to a high of 4 inches above the ground. If you are looking for a mower in the T series with a wider mowing width, then you should take a look at the Kubota T2380.

The top speed of the Kubota T2080 is fairly reasonable at 9 kph (5.6 mph) when the brakes are being used. The T2080 is also quite nimble around the garden with a minimum turning radius of just 76 inches (1.9 m). If you would prefer a similar model with less power, then the Kubota T1880 might take your fancy.

Return to Kubota from Kubota T2080 Garden Tractor Lawnmower

Have Your Say! Leave A Review Do you love or hate this tractor? You can have your say below by leaving review.

5 Reviews of the “Kubota T2080”

1. Alan says:

Five years ownership and little actual experience of using it.

Year of Manufacture: 2012
    Pros: When I could get it to run, it performed well on light to medium grass.
    Cons: I regret the day I made the decision to purchase this machine. I kept it in the equipment shed under cover when not in use and it never came into contact with rain or poor weather. So it came with a two year warranty and repair plan. The first summer use it worked OK except the steering wheel was so loose I was afraid of it coming off. Every year it went into the shop for servicing. The next summer required replacing a frozen mower deck bearing. The maintenance facility/shop was so full of Kubota mowers waiting for service, I was lucky to get mine repaired by mid summer. I just used my trusty old MTD. The third summer The mower failed to start and required a fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel metering valve more work on the mower deck (PTO beld slipping) and two months out of service. I used my trusty old MTD. Cost for the repairs? Outta sight. Fourth summer, PTO belt was still slipping. I got it back from the service facility after two months with the deck still not balanced and the PTO belt still slipping. Engine losing power. Mower only good for light to medium grass. I used my trusty MTD for the hard work. This summer. Kubota worked once around the yard on light grass then would not start the next week. Repair facility overloaded with Kubota work and cannot get mine in for a couple of months. Did some research and found that it had another bad fuel pump. Kubota wanted $100 so I got an identical one from Kohler (the engine used by Kubota) for $49. Pump works great but now the engine floods out which means the fuel metering valve is again also bad. I am back to using my very old MTD mower. Just paid off the time payment plan to Kubota, and I have gotten the equivalent use of it for 8 months totaling 128 hours out of the 60 months of ownership. After five years and nearly the equivalent one fifth of the purchase price additional in repairs I am left with a non running Kubota T 2080. Retrospect: I could have purchased a forever running new MTD or Craftsman for the price I have paid in repairs to the Kubota, and still have a running mower. Now I have a non functioning 600 lb pile of orange metal called a Kubota.

2. Mike says:

Expensive but I am generally happy after 8 years and I expect to have it for a good long time to come.

Year of Manufacture: 2008
    Pros: Very sturdy and dependable. The quality is what you would expect from Kubota
    Cons: Since Kubota does not make a gasoline engine, they have to use another manufacturer. They used to use a Kawasaki engine but they have gone cheap by using a Kohler engine. This same engine is used in the very cheap machines. I have had this machine for 8 years and the Kohler has not given me any issues.
    The bagger and grass chute can be designed better. When you put the mower deck on a low setting and go around a turn, the grass chute pops out.
    Attachments: 42 inch mower deck
    Modifications: Hour meter – purchased from Kubota

I would like to upgrade the motor from 20hp to 24 hp because the specs for both engines are exactly the same. I called Kohler to find out just how they squeeze out another 2hp and they WILL NOT give you any information.

3. Ed Valentine says:

Love it!

Year of Manufacture: 2013
    Pros: Powerful. Very easy to turn. Comfortable seat. mower deck is built like a tank. Strong axles.
    Cons: Really none to speak of. I had a John Deere made in 1984 and really liked it however, when compared to their newer ones, the Kabota is three times the machine the JD was.
    Attachments: 42″ mower deck

4. steve ingram says:

will never buy anything with Kubota name on it. try to tell everyone about the mower. Dealer is of no help.

Year of Manufacture: 2013
    Pros: not much to like
    Cons: have to replace PTO belt every 25-30 hours.
    Attachments: 42 inch deck

5. Robert Six says:

mows fine when its working
    warranty is misleading
    over priced considering

Year of Manufacture: 2011
    Pros: Its more powerful than my 2002 model 1570.
    Cons: Bought this brand new 2011 in August 2012. Used it once and it broke down with a frozen pulley, which shredded the drive belt. Got it back in September and put it inside for Winter. Got it out in April 2013 for the second use and the drive belt came off before the yard was mowed. Its been in the repair shop since, but is due back tomorrow May 7. The dealer called and said this belt isn’t covered under the 2 year warranty and that I will have to pay for it this time? I wish I hadn’t bought it!
    My 2002 model 1570 still has the original drive belts on it, but needs a major engine overall. It gave 10 years of flawless service and I expected the 2080 to do as well. But it doesn’t look like it will?
    Attachments: 42″ mower deck
    Modifications: stock

Leave a Review

How to use this form

Please fill out your name and email first (website optional). Then give your ratings for this model and year of production. Afterwards, please fill out the 5 fields to give a full review on this model before hitting the "Submit Review" button.

Click stars below to rate.
Performance
Reliability
Safety
Overall Satisfaction

Your General Experience Using This Model