The John Deere 345 tractor was produced by Deere and Company during the time period of 1995 to 2001. This model is among the huge range of lawn tractors manufactured by JD. These tractors are used by many people who have lots of acres or huge yards or by commercial outfits that take care of public parks, playing fields and golf courses. These tractors can make your job of lawn mowing and other gardening activities easier. These tractors are machines of good quality and you can surely look forward to buy them for your residential setting. These are hydrostatic tractors which have hydraulic lifts. They use two cylinder gasoline engines made by Kawasaki.
The JD 345 is made on the same frame as the 245 and 265 heavy duty lawn mowers. But the manual fender handle lift present in the John Deere 245 and 265 was replaced by the hydraulic lift. A battery of 12 volts is present in these models. These tractors from John Deere are smooth and quiet with their V-twin style design. The units have power steering cruise controls that are quite standard. The JD 345 hood attachment can be removed easily. The seats have high back and are able to tilt forward for protection and for accessing the fuel tank easily. Extra traction can be provided in these tractors if required.
Various features and specifications of the John Deere 345
- The tractors came off the assembly line with one of two types of engines manufactured by Kawasaki. These are FC590V and the FD611V.
- The engines are two cylinder and are powered by gasoline.
- Displacement for the engine is 36 ci.
- The engine power of the two models are 18 hp and 20 hp.
- The engines use a liquid cooling system and 3.3 qts of coolant are needed.
- The rated revolutions per minute (RPM) for the engines in the John Deere 345 is 3575.
- There are 12 starter volts.
- Fuel capacity for these tractors is 3.5 US gallons.
- The rear power take-off for these machines is electric.
- The John Deere 345 weighs in at 699 lbs.
- The wheelbase of the tractor is 47.9 inches.
- Height if this tractor is 43.6 inches.
- The tractor has 2.1 feet turning radius.
A smooth ride is provided in the John Deere 345 tractors due to the wide tires and nice floatation which also leads to less ground compaction.
Click Here to return from John Deere 345 to the John Deere Lawn Mowers section.
Click Here to return from John Deere 345 to the John Deere main page.
Have Your Say! Leave A Review Do you love or hate this tractor? You can have your say below by leaving review.