John Deere 332 garden tractors were manufactured by the Deere and Company between 1987 and 1992. These tractors belong to the 300 series of John Deere tractors that were produced during the 80s and 90s. These tractors were produced in the Horicon factory of John Deere in Wisconsin. These tractors have the benefit of hand operated hydrostatic transmission along with hydraulic deck lifts. These tractors have been referred as the diesel version of the 318 models due to its similarity with John Deere 318 which had gasoline powered engine. The 332 model used the similar engine like the 330 tractors which it replaced. But several new features were added such as the power steering, left-right breaks and dual hydraulics. These tractors are shaft driven and consist of Onan engines of 16 horse powers.
The John Deere 332 has dual spool hydraulics that helps people in using the optional angle blade and power lift. Open rear frames are present in these tractors. These machines are available with a rear power take-off and a hitch. These things create a new world of utilities. The dual brake pedals present in the tractors help you in turning on a dime or in stopping a revolving tire in order to transfer torque into the tires. The John Deere 332 has a diesel engine of 3 cylinders. These tractors were generally available in the range of $2800 to $4000 when they were being produced. However the price for a second hand JD 332 nowadays will depend completely on it’s condition. Under this series a John Deere loader is also available.
An overview of the John Deere 332 tractor:
- The diesel engine present in the tractor is manufactured by Yanmar and the model is 3TN66UJ.
- The engines is 3 cylinder.
- Bore/stroke for the engine is 2.60×2.62 inches.
- Displacement is 43.3 ci.
- The power of the engine is 16 hp.
- The engine in the John Deere 332 has a liquid cooling system.
- The quantity of coolant required is 2.9 qts
- The rated revolutions per minute (RPM) of the engine is 3635.
- Oil capacity of the engine is 3.1 qts.
- Fuel capacity of these tractors is 4.5 gal.
- Hydraulic system capacity of these models is 1.25 gal.
- Mid power take-off for the machine is electric.
- The chassis of the JD 332 tractors is 4×2 2WD.
- The tractor has hydrostatic power steering and differential mechanical brakes.
- The weight of these tractors is around 900 lbs and the wheelbase is 46 inches.
Click Here to return from John Deere 332 to the John Deere Lawn Mowers section.
Click Here to return from John Deere 332 to the John Deere main page.
Have Your Say! Leave A Review Do you love or hate this tractor? You can have your say below by leaving review.